Saturday, November 2, 2013

Q&A with Beauty and the Feast's Editor-in-Chief Shyema Azam!


Shyema's finished color and style.
During my past trip to New York, I had the pleasure of working with Founder and Editor-in-Chief of Beauty and the Feast Blog, Shyema Azam. I created ribbons of beautiful, blended pieces through her mid-lengths and ends. After Alicia finished her gorgeous blow out, we sat down and discussed hair color!

 
Beauty and the Feast: What are some trends for Fall/Winter with hair color?
Sherry Ratay
: Brunettes are the HOT this season! That doesn’t necessarily mean that blondes and redheads are a no go. For the fall/winter, blondes need to incorporate some deeper blonde pieces or even consider adjusting from a pastel to a cashmere Blonde.

BATF: What is the most requested service?

Ratay: Ombre has and will be for a while the most requested service in my salon. But here is what is different with it now — think softer variations of color. Not so stark in the dark-to-light!
BATF: What are some tips for some one nervous to color their hair for their first time?

Ratay: Always go on recommendation! If you see someone’s color you love, stop and ask them who does it.
BATF: How does one prepare for the appointment?

Ratay: When I have someone sit in my salon chair for the first time, there are many things I look for personality, existing hair color, skin tone, and eye color. These few things help direct me for the PERFECT selection of shades and application for this one particular client. I LOVE when a new client comes in prepared with photos of haircolor she likes and dislikes, this is a huge part of helping my client feel comfortable during the consultation process.
 


Shyema and I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment