by dirtyandthirtyEverything we learned from Sherry Ratay at Gavert Atelier Salon In Los Angeles.
1. Don’t pluck grey hair. Instead get “hair mascara”. It is a Temporary Touchups for color treated Hair. The mascara-like wand puts temporary color exactly where you want it. It covers up roots or can create highlights.
2. Choose your shampoo and conditioner wisely. Use shampoo and conditioner that supports color treated hair to maintain your color and keep your hair in the best condition for that everyday, beautiful look. You want to clean and conditions your hair, but the key is to protect it. Try Minardi Luxury Color Care System Products- http://minardicolor.com/products.
3. Don’t wash your hair everyday. Shampoo dries out your hair and fades your color. If you need to freshen up try some dry shampoo.
4. Know what you want. Learn the different coloring styles so you can get the color style that pleases you.
Ombre – A dark to light fade of color is used in this technique. Instead of color that starts at the root, darker roots blend into a lightened color toward the end.
Balayage- A hair coloring technique designed to create very natural-looking highlights that grow out without developing noticable roots.
American Balayage – Same theory as Balayage except uses foils. This technique was designed by Beth Minardi. This processs speeds up the processing time because the foil is metal and it conducts heat.
All over one step process – The color is all one tone. It can be permanent or semi-permanent with out any highlights. Your entire color is the same.
Traditional highlights and lowlights – Sections of your hair are coloured darker or lighter, leaving your base color alone.
Double process color – combining an all over color to change the base of your hair with highlights and/or lowlights.
5. Know what color tones compliment you. Your skin tone and eye color should determine your hair tone. Think about what colors look better on you. Do you look better in ashy colors (cool tones) or warm colors.
6. Use styling products. Chosing the right styling products for your hair is key to maintaining beautiful, sexy hair. It helps control frizz and protect your hair from heat. Try Glisten Color Reflecting Drops.