Over the past two months we have had many beautiful brides to be into Salon Ratay for consultations on their color touch-ups, color enhancements and day of style. With wedding season in full bloom and aside from worrying about what cake flavors and centerpieces to order, brides also have to plan their perfect look for their wedding day.
When I first consult with a bride, it’s important to find out what they like and dislike about their current hair color. Here are a few suggestions I recommend when having your consultation with a bride to be.
"I always pull them away from stepping too far from the color they are currently wearing.”
- Take a trip down memory lane: Think back to your natural hair color. Sometimes going with an ‘au natural’ color on the big day is best.
- Plan your hairstyle according to the wedding theme: If you decide to go for a more delicate and romantic feel, then soft, flowing locks would be the perfect hairstyle!
- Talk it out: be open to suggestions from your inner circle, the people who love and know you best
- Step too far away from the current hair color. The last thing a bride wants to remember is that she regrets making a drastic change on her very important day
- Overlook the location of your wedding: remember, an indoor vs. an outdoor wedding should be factored in how you choose your hairstyle.
- Stress. Be calm, cool and make sure to try out different looks before making the final decision!
Most important you want the bride to be happy and stress free over her haircolor & style. She has a lot on her mind with all that it takes in planning her life memorable day. Share in her happiness and remember you are creating her lasting look and a huge part of what she will forever remember.