Sunday, May 20, 2012

Rainbow Ombre'







Hair Trend to Try Now: Rainbow Ombre Highlights


At the same time, I’m always looking to play with the next hair trend. Is it an all-over rich brown? Bold all-over highlights? Or the newest evolution of the bright hair trend – pastel rainbow ombre highlights?
To find out the latest trend, I met up with Orlando-based Sherry Ratay, an award-winning colorist whose work has been featured in the likes of Vogue and Modern Salon.
Meeting at Ratay’s home away from home, Gavert Atelier in Beverly Hills, we decided to update my highlights (formerly pink, gold, and copper turn neon orange) to something ultra trendy. Pastel rainbow ombre highlights essentially means a gradient of colors down the shaft of your hair. It’s different, edgy, and compliment’s this season’s bright floral prints so perfectly! Not to mention it’s also right up my alley. Gloria with Mika Fowler and Sherry Ratay
Sherry Ratay Busy at Work
Ratay whipped up four colors for my rainbow – violet, burgundy, red, and yellow. The colors are washed out to pastel shades so it’s subtle enough for a working professional. The process takes a while as Ratay has to carefully and artfully apply three to four colors on every section of hair to create that perfect ombre.
To finish my hair off, Ratay blended my roots with my ends, creating an all over dark brown to light brown fade. Finished color and cut! Gloria with Mika Fowler, Style Director of Gavert Atelier, and Sherry RatayBackview of hair


No comments:

Post a Comment