Friday, January 31, 2014

Viva Italia!

Recently, my husband and I took a vacation to Italy. While enjoying delicious food and fabulous wine, I couldn't help to notice all of the beautiful hair that surrounded me. We visited a handful of cities on our visit to Italy, but by far my favorite city was Florence.

The biggest haircolor trends I saw were various shades of brunettes. The color resembled the natural haircolor of a child. The ends were slightly lighter it was very, very soft. It was not anything visually too an ombre; with the hair length not extending past the shoulders, the finishing of the hair was a messy unpolished but very natural style. Very chic!

In addition to the fabulous Italian hair trends, I couldn't help but notice the fashion. The men were carrying shoulder bags of all different kinds made from beautiful Florentain leather. To keep warm from the chilly winter air, the women wore waist length coats made from famous Florentain leather.

Me and my husband with the owners of the vineyard.
I enjoyed so much wonderful food and wine while visiting Italy. I have to tell you about this fantastic family who owned and ran a vineyard just outside of Florence. Azienda Agricola Altiero is run by a husband and wife alongside the father-in-law and mother-in-law. I absolutely loved their Chianti and the fact that they are completely organic. When I asked how they kept out the pests without the use of pesticides, the wife told me that they purchase pests that are beneficial to the plants, but get rid of the pests that cause harm to the plants. I was absolutely amazed. In addition to having fantastic wine, they had olive oil that was to die for. The father-in-law and mother-in-law picked the olives and separated them by hand, which were then sent out that day to be made into fresh olive oil. Within 24 hours the olive oil is back in barrels where the family hand packages it themselves. The olive oil is then sent throughout the country side to be sold by local merchants.
Fresh hand-picked olives.
A gorgeous view of the vineyard.











Like them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Azienda-Agricola-Altiero/312176965575876


This trip was one to be remembered. I can't wait to go back to visit more regions of such a beautiful country.

No comments:

Post a Comment