Monday, August 6, 2012

HOT by Hairs how...Sherry Ratay

Thnak you to HOT for sharing my toughts on my wonderful beauty industry!!

http://hot.hairshow.us/?id=articles&art=582




Internationally acclaimed, award-winning color expert Sherry Ratay is also the owner of Florida's posh Salon Ratay and a certified "INOA" color educator with L'Oreal Professional.


Sherry Ratay -
Sherry Ratay
Ratay frequently jetsets across the continent to train beauty professionals in the art of fine hair color. Recognized as the No. 1 hair colorist by Orlando Magazine, Ratay has more than 20 years of expertise, and has been featured in many high-profile publications such as Vogue. She is an active board member of the Joico Color Council and is a part of the Minardi elite colorist team.

Q. What key attribute has truly defined your career?
A. From when I was young child, I always wanted more for myself. If someone told me I couldn't do something that pushed me even harder. Success comes from within you rather than from what others perceive.

Q. Tell HOT about your own education and what it means to you.
A. I attended any class that I could on topics ranging from color to cutting, product knowledge, business building and more. I'd study with any beauty company that would teach me. I still do that today even if it means I have no day off!

Q. What trends in color and design are you eagerly embracing?
A. Brunettes are so hot right now, thanks to the Kardashians. Ombre and American Balayage are still trending--darker regrowth, and lighter and brighter on the ends. If you're seeking more punch, try chalking the hair.

Q. What valuable lessons have you learned?
A. Always take the opportunity to fail. In failing you'll grow and surpass any expectations that you may have.

Q. Which creative geniuses do you admire most and why?
A. Steve Jobs because he was persistent and kept reaching for success, both personally and professionally. Oprah is a powerful, independent woman who pushed herself to success. She is proof that our upbringing does not define who we are.

Q. Where do you find inspiration?
A. In fashion and trade magazines. I find lots of colors and textures in fabric. I also find inspiration in children's hair color. When have you ever seen a child's hair color and thought it didn't look great? Never-it's naturally beautiful.

Q. If you weren't in the industry, what would you do?
A. I am very fortunate that I'm able to fulfill many of my passions from behind the chair. This includes teaching other colorists, owning/running a business and coloring.

Q. What does color mean to you?
A. Hair color is the ultimate beauty accessory. It speaks mountains about who we are and what we can become.

Q. What recent awards or accomplishments have you been honored with?
A. In addition to being named No. 1 Haircolorist in Central Florida and Best Hair Salon by Orlando Magazine, I was featured in Vogue's "Power" issue.

Q. What advice do you have for aspiring artists?
A. Believe in yourself and take risks. Get an education from any beauty manufacturer that's willing to teach you. Also, surround yourself with others who have the ambition and drive that you're striving for.






No comments:

Post a Comment