Wednesday, July 9, 2014

IBS Las Vegas 2014


Summer is in full force! Hot! Hot! Hot!  I’m sure many of you are thinking the same thing I am, where did the month of June go!

My team and I just recently returned from the IBS Las Vegas show, and let me tell you it was a huge success! Our agenda was a little different for this year’s show; first of all we didn’t stay on the strip. Honestly I’m not a fan of all the hustle and bustle of it. We rented a car and Jacob, made reservations at the Westin Lake Spa & Resort on Lake Meade, which was absolutely perfect! The views are stunning! The atmosphere is relaxing there was a since of tranquility that came upon me.

Besides the switch in where we stayed, I was scheduled to give a 1 ½ lecture on Saturday, The truth about Haircolor, which was a first for me in all my years teaching at any major hair show. Let me tell you Vegas showed the LOVE! Saturday’s lecture was an energetic force of over 100 beauty professionals sharing their thoughts, knowledge, and concerns on haircolor! Phenomenal turn out! With a color language that flowed continuously the entire lecture we discussed the Ph scale, MEA, The Hydrogen Peroxide truth, & the level system. There was GREAT energy in the room! I LOVE when other Hairdressers are as excited and thrilled as I am to know about haircolor.

On Sunday my hands-on workshop which SOLD OUT was just perfect. The class was a jammed packed, 3 hours of Beth Minardi Signature haircolor, 4 different techniques which included Over-the-top, European Ombre, American Balige, and Modern Ombre with a Q & A that was quite intriguing. It is extremely rewarding as an educator when you look out at your audience and you literally see the "AHA!" Appear on their face! It is this very moment in what drives me to teach, inspire, and influence hairdressers to become the best that they can be. Whether they're behind their chair, in their salon, or in the city that they live in.

So overall the change in my schedule for this show was truly wonderful. My team and I were able to fly home on Monday morning with time to re-group and collect ourselves before starting the work week.  Thank you IBSLV for another spectacular show! In addition to all the dedicated hairdressers that inspire me to teach. Never stop learning and growing as we are the face of this beauty industry.

If you have any questions about haircolor or anything in general related to our industry please do not hesitate to email me at sherry@sherryratay.com

No comments:

Post a Comment