Thursday, August 7, 2014

Family First!


My image in the beauty industry as Sherry Ratay, celebrity hairstylist and educator, broadcasts my life as an award-winning color expert and prestigious salon owner. However, that’s only a small portion of it. In addition to my career, the most important thing in my life is my family. I have three phenomenal children with my husband, Michael. Savannah is 17, Lee Michael is 10, and Ashley is 18. The salon is like a second home for me, I have learned to keep a balance between my home life with my children and husband and the salon with its guests.

Since day one, I have strongly believed that family comes first! For me it is the foundation in which keeps me centered. My husband has supported me since the day we met. Hairdressing is a part of who I am and he respects that. I am truly blessed for all that Michael does in support of my career as a colorist, salon owner and educator. Mike works for American K-9 here in Lake Mary and heads their Business Development division with his own career being very demanding he always finds time when I call upon him if the salons software goes down or if something needs replacing. He has been by my side through majority of my career all the way with the development of Salon Ratay.

My kids have grown up in the salon and surrounded by the beauty industry. Each year during my educational tour I occasionally do feel that motherly guilt every mother feels when they are away from their children, but I know that I am teaching them valuable lessons. I want to convey to my son to respect his future wife’s career, as well as teach my girls that they can achieve anything with pursuance and hard work.  A few years ago my son had some medical issues, so naturally as a mother I put my educational tour on hold and made sure the salon was sustained to be with him. It was a very scary and stressful time for us, I am blessed to say he is healthy and happy, my little baseball player is the light of my heart.

It isn’t always easy juggling the many paths life brings you, I do know one thing and that is I wouldn’t change a thing about my life. It does matter what we face good or bad as a family, we all support each other’s dreams and goals and are there for one another no matter what! As a parent I will take great pride and joy in watching my children grow and to see the successful futures they will achieve.


No comments:

Post a Comment